Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of Poland and Polish Book Institute are organizing an expert conference on the policies supporting reading.
The conference New Spaces of Reading - Visegrad Conference 2017 is planned within the Visegrad Group format but aims at bringing together experts from different areas and regions (such as Croatia, Denmark, Germany or USA) to share successful projects and practices in this realm.
The conference aims towards discussing and sharing knowledge within the following topics:
1) forms and scope of the financial intervention of the state supporting book and reading policies,
2) role of libraries in dissemination of reading, building the competences of librarians and future-oriented approach of running the library,
3) implementing the educational, social and scientifical projects in the realm of pro-reading policies,
4) good practices in activating non-readers as well as youngsters,
5) new technologies in book reading promotion,
6) book market and cultural policies - cooperation and challenges,
7) cooperation models among reading supportive institutions,
8) research on reading practices, including addressing the challenges stemming from digital world.
The Visegrad Conference 2017 will be held in Warsaw from 16th to 17th May 2017 in The National Audiovisual Institute (Wałbrzyska 3/5 Street).
Polish Book Institute is the main organizer.
For more information contact:
Jakub Pacześniak - j(dot)paczesniak@instytutksiazki(dot)pl, phone + 48 12 617 19 27
Katarzyna Kucik - k(dot)kucik@instytutksiazki(dot)pl, phone + 48 12 617 19 19
Please note that professional photographs and video will be captured during the conference. If you do not give a permit to be recorded or captured on the photographs which might be used in the future promotion of the event by its organizers and partners, please contact organizers at: k(dot)kucik@instytutksiazki(dot)pl by the end of April 2017.